“Kiddy’s work with our UK Board has been invaluable.”
We were retained by the UK CEO to assist in the improvement in performance of the Board of the UK business (pbit >£1bn). The perception of the CEO was that whilst the Board was performing to a high standard, there existed the potential to drive themselves to a new level.
The CEO had two specific objectives:
- To improve the effectiveness of an already high performing Board
- To ensure the smooth addition to the Board of three new members.
These individuals were previously in other roles in the Group but were taking on increased and broader responsibilities
We engaged with the Board and individual members of the team by using a number of linked interventions including;
- Observation of weekly and monthly Board meetings
- Facilitation of confidential 360 degree feedback for each Board member focusing on areas of development need
- Design and facilitation of two specific ’24 hour’ workshops. We designed these to improve performance of the Board in alignment of priorities and design of Board forums and processes to ensure an improved strategic focus without losing operational focus
- Progress monitoring through attendance at Board forums
- Design and facilitation of a subsequent session to focus on team dynamics and talent management
The reconfigured Board met all of their own ‘team-working’ objectives (developed under Kiddy facilitation) within three months of the new members joining.
In addition, the business reported record business results (pbit >£1bn) in an exceptionally competitive marketplace, whilst the top team was developing revised ways of working.
Sign up to mindset
Sign up to Mindset, our monthly newsletter, which features our latest insight and links to interesting articles.
Download our brochure
Download our latest brochure
We’d really like to hear from you. Get in touch to see where we can help...